I was nominated for the "Liebster Award" by the beautiful Little Lauren's Blog! Thanks again for the nomination Lauren, it really meant a lot!
So what is the Liebster Award?!
The Liebster award is a way to give great blogs with under 200 followers attention. The award encourages others to read these blogs. This award has some rules, here they are:
- You must link back to the person who nominated you.
- You must answer the 11 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you
- You must pick 11 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers
- You must come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees
Questions for me from Lauren:
1. If you were only allowed to buy makeup from one brand, what would it be? It's probably a little sad just how much thought I have been putting in to answering this question. The truth is that there is not one single makeup brand that ticks every box for me... If I had to live with one forever, I would have to choose MAC simply because I enjoy all of their products as a whole. Love their eyeshadows, lipsticks, blushes, powders, etc. Yeah, I'm happy with that choice.
2. What's your favourite item from your wardrobe? Ummm, I'm sorry but that is another really hard decision! Ha! I love so many of my pieces, they're all special to me for some reason. But after some careful thought I chose my 50's inspired red and black polka dot pin-up-girl dress. This dress is always there for me whenever I want to feel fabulous and rock my feminine curves. I've gotten a lot of use out of her, and we have many miles to go.
|(Cruisin' to Bermuda in 2011)|
3. If you won a million pounds/euros/dollars where's the first place you would shop? There is a locally owned dress shop back in my hometown called Sweet Pea Boutique They sell the cutest and most original little dresses. I have a hay day everytime I go in there now...so with a million dollars I could do some damage! Bonus: I'd be helping support a local business too! SCORE!
|(Bought some goodies here over the long weekend...stay tuned for those in a coming post!)|
4. List your top 5 makeup brands. In no particular order: Revlon, Wet n' Wild, MAC, Maybelline, and Urban Decay.
5. Where would be your ideal place to live? For some one who dreams of travelling to far off places daily, this was a question I couldn't answer with just one response. For various reason I would love to live in the English Countryside, Florence, or Bermuda. You know what, I'm just deciding now that in this imaginary world I have a home in each of them! Muahaha! Try and stop me!
6. If you could travel back in time what decade/century/era would you go to? Perhaps I am giving all of these too much thought because while there are many periods in time that look appealing to me, if you really stop and think about it... they all sucked majorly in so many ways. I'm actually really happy living in 2013 where I feel free to wear, say, and do whatever I want. I am free to be happy in whatever way I choose. We still aren't perfect as a society, but we are always improving.
7. What is your dream job? To be a photographer for the likes of Vogue. Can you imagine the places you would go, the people you would meet, and the freedom to create no matter the price. Yes please! Where do I sign?!
8. What's your favourite quote? There are many, but I choose to try and live by, "Do unto others, as you would have done unto you." If we could all just try and live by this, think how much happier we'd all be.
9. Name one beauty product you could not live without. Mascara. It instantly opens up your eyes and brightens your whole face.
10. Name your top 3 nail polish brands or colours. I have an embarrassing amount of nail polish. Taking a look through my collection the most dominate brands are OPI, Essie, and Wet n' Wild. Colours wise? Totally depends on my mood and weather.
11. Any plans for the summer? Not too much planned for the summer as my boyfriend has to work. We're hoping to make it to Montreal for the long weekend in August. But our biggest plan is for September, when he'll get to take his summer vacation, we're going to go to Newfoundland for 10 days and hike the trails. So excited to see more of my own country.
- Be Pulchritudinous
- British Beauty Addict
- Laura's Sabbat
- The Patch Diaries
- The Beauty Belle
- Gracious Silhouettes
- Me and Moustaches
- Wardrobe Ventures
Here are my questions for you:
1.Top 3 favourite lip colours for Summer
2. What is the last beauty/fashion item you purchased?
3. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be?
4. Who is your favourite Youtuber/Blogger?
5. Favourite music artist?
6. What makeup products are in your purse right now?
7. Favourite t.v. show?
8. Dresses or pants?
9. Your ideal day off would be spent doing what?
10. Your go to makeup brand?
11. What is your goal for your blog?
Let me know when you post your responses! I can't wait to read them! Thanks again to Little Lauren's Blog for tagging me. This was a lot of fun to think about and write!
Til next time,