Tuesday 2 July 2013

Canada Day Camping Adventure (06.02.13.)

Hello my lovelies!

I'm home safe and (most importantly) dry. We had a fantastic weekend camping back in our home province of Nova Scotia. 

(This is summer.)
We left Fredericton rather late around 9pm which meant we didn't arrive in Halifax until about 1:30am. That's alright, nothing a little Coca Cola can't help us with. To say this long weekend was a wet one would be a massive understatement. It freakin' poured almost the whole time we were away and it started on the way there. The fog was so thick that you couldn't see more then 2 feet in front of the car. J called it soup, and that's really the best description of it. So as if that wasn't frightening enough, we then drove into torrential rain that made seeing out the wind shield nearly impossible. We hydro planned several times, eep!!

The next day we visited with family a bit before heading downtown for lunch (and a bit of shopping which you'll see in another post) at our favourite pub, The Henry House.
(Comfort food.)
 We ordered our favourites, fish n' chips and pints of Peculiar brewed locally by Granite Brewery. The food and atmosphere there is always amazing, plus they hand pull their pints and you really can't get better then that!

With our bellies full and our spirits high we hit the road and headed to our camp site on the Eastern Shore of Nova Scotia.

(Who else does this? Love him.)
(Checking into the camp ground.)

(You set up while I take the pictures dear!)
I love camping so much! It's been years since I've been though, so I was grinning ear to ear the whole time. To meet me you may not think it would be my thing because I love my makeup and frilly dresses... but I can get down and dirty with the best of 'em. It's a good thing I don't mind getting dirty, because soon after this picture was taken it started to pour! I almost wish I'd timed to see how quickly two grown people can scurry into a small tent. Haha!
(Happy Canada Day... didn't do much sitting in these chairs as they were rather soaked most of the time.)
The campground we stayed at turned out to be really fantastic! On Saturday night they had a band playing music and shot off fireworks from the dock. That was in addition to the free mussels they serve every night (from a giant pot and you just help yourself)! When the band wasn't playing we would all sit around the fire and sing songs while another camper played guitar. I love how none of us knew each other but we all came together at night to enjoy each others company.
(I thought it was so cute that you could have Crib lessons if you wanted.)
 My grandparents live just down the road (30mins is just down the road when you live in the sticks) so we visited with them on Sunday and had some lunch. Later on that evening we went exploring and found some really beautiful rapids that were roaring due to all the rain.
(This is as fancy as it gets for me when I'm camping. Oh yeah baby, hot stuff right there!)

(These rose bushes smelt absolutely amazing!)
It was a very laid back weekend due to the rain, but that's just fine with me. We didn't get to go swimming but we'll just have to save that for later in the summer. Instead we spent our time enjoying each others company and relaxing round the campfire with beer and new friends. To be honest the sound of rain falling on the tent when you first wake up in the morning, has to be one of the most magical sounds in the whole world. If feel like I should be now singing, "Rain drops on roses and whiskers on kittens...!"

(I can't even begin to tell you how hard that fire was to get going. Wet wood is not easy to light.)
Now we're home with our memories in tow. I'm so glad that we got the opportunity to get away from work and worries for a while. Now it's back to reality! 

So happy to be able to blog again! Get ready for some new style and beauty posts!

Love bunches,
Erin xx

6 comments:

  1. Ohh looks like you had a fab time! I also need to get out of town and problems and just relax for a bit! :) Great photos by the way, thank you for sharing hun!

    Andrea | RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did :) It was so great to be almost forced to do nothing but spend some quality time together. Good for the mind and body. I'm really glad you liked the pictures! <3 xx

      Delete
  2. your photos are so cute, looked like you had a fantastic time

    Leyla xx
    mythoughtsandboredom.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so glad you liked my pictures, I love photography. We really did have a fab time :) xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a lovely Canada Day! I've always wanted to visit the Maritimes but I've never made it past Quebec. One day!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you come visit us someday! The Cabot Trail is breathtaking especially in the fall. -xx

      Delete